Justin Parker, Fire Chief
Meet Your Fire Chief:
Justin Parker was appointed as Chief of the City of Marlin Fire Department in January 2014. He gained employment with the City of Marlin Fire Department in January of 2008 and relocated to Marlin shortly thereafter. During early childhood, he developed a passion for the fire service and helping others in need. He officially began his emergency services career in 2000 as a Junior Firefighter with the Godley Fire Department in Johnson County, Texas. In August of 2020, he celebrated his twentieth (20th) consecutive year in the Fire Service. As a Marlin area resident and Fire Chief, he is committed to providing our citizens and visitors with quality and professional customer service.
- 2003 Graduate of Godley High School (Godley, Texas)
- 2006 Graduate of Hill College Fire Academy (Cleburne, Texas)
- 2007 Graduate of Training Division Emergency Medical Technician-Basic program (Crowley, Texas)
- Supplemental certifications through: SFFMA,TEEX, FEMA and various other emergency service education providers.
- City of Marlin Fire Dept. - Marlin, Texas - Probationary FF through Fire Chief - 2008 to present
- Marlin Volunteer Fire Dept. - Marlin, Texas - Firefighter/EMT-B - 2008 to present
- City of Hewitt Fire Dept. - Hewitt, Texas - Firefighter/EMT-B - 2009 to 2010 & 2014 to 2018
- Falls County EMS - Marlin, Texas - EMT-Basic - 2008 to 2015
- Mart EMS - Mart, Texas - EMT-Basic - 2008 to 2009
- Godley Fire Department - Godley, Texas - Jr. FF through Lieutenant - 2000 to 2008