Welcome to our new website! Learn more →

Required Registration of Contractors

Registration and Application Forms

Building and Trade Contractors

Most building related contractors providing services within the City of Marlin are required to register with the Permit Department prior to commencing work.

All contractors are required to carry and provide proof of the following insurance:

  1. Workers' Compensation insurance on each and every employee as required by the State of Texas.  In lieu of Workers' Compensation, the City will accept alternative insurance in the form of Occupational Accident.
  2. Bodily injury insurance, a minimum of $300,000.
  3. Property damage insurance, a minimum of $100,000.
  4. All insurance must be written by a company under the supervision of the State of Texas Department of Insurance.

Registration forms and information, including fee of $50.00 per contractor, may be aquired from the Permit Department or by calling 254-883-1452.

Close window